Fair and honest trade and respect for human rights in the supply chain
Affordability, quality, and coordination are considered most important in NITORI Group’s manufacturing. Quality means that thorough measures are taken to ensure, from the customer’s perspective, appropriate functions and product safety, and that products are made through the correct manufacturing process (in terms of sincerity, respect for human rights, compliance, occupational safety, environmental protection, etc.). We ask suppliers, who are our partners in achieving the mission, to not only comply with laws and regulations but also establish what we consider as true partnerships with us. Together, we will achieve sustainable growth throughout the entire supply chain.
- A relationship where both sides learn about the latest topics, including those relevant to corporate management, share the knowledge and work hard together.
- A fair, honest, highly transparent, and open relationship where both sides can engage in active exchange of opinions.
- A relationship where both sides share not only ideas and management methods for the creation of a culture of product safety but also the importance of fulfilling social responsibilities, such as being environmentally conscious*1, respecting human rights*2, and maintaining an appropriate work environment*3 and grow together to achieve the mission. To share such information, we conclude contracts that comply with our “Basic Entrustment Contract for Product Manufacturing” and “Quality Assurance Manual.”
*1 Being environmentally conscious in accordance with NITORI Group’s Environmental Policy
*2 Prohibition of forced labor, child labor, and discrimination, etc.
*3 Preventing overwork, ensuring more leave than statutory requirements, paying statutory minimum wage, ensuring workplace safety, maintaining a comfortable workplace environment where employees work in good health, etc.
Suppliers’ rights to organize
We respect basic rights, including the right to establish a labor union, and strive to resolve issues through consultation and dialogue.
The NITORI Group’s Business Partner Charter (extract)
- Together with our business partners, we aim to providing the foundation of prosperous home living to the global community.
- Together with our business partners, we strive to be the best in the world.
- Together with our business partners, we aim for a true partnership to become the best in the world.
- Together with our business partners, we will establish a true partnership that will realize a competitive spirit seeking ongoing improvements in every related field.
- Together with our business partners, we will establish a true partnership, eliminating injustice, unfairness, or opaqueness.