NITORI Group Code of Conduct
The common corporate philosophy (mission) of the NITORI Group is “To enrich the homes of people all over the world.” The NITORI Group brings together the technologies and know-how of its group companies to respond to changes in people’s lifestyles, their desire for higher quality, and their ever-expanding needs for products and services. We believe that the NITORI Group should not only provide products and services, but also meet the needs and expectations of society. By fulfilling this role, we aim to contribute to the realization of a society in which people in Japan and around the world can enjoy truly enriching and comfortable home life, and to achieve sustainable development as a corporate group.
In order to fulfill this mission, it is essential for the NITORI Group to be a corporate group with integrity that is trusted by people around the world. Accordingly, in order to fulfill our social responsibilities, including strict observance of compliance, the NITORI Group has established the “NITORI Group Code of Conduct” as our basic policy for corporate group conduct, and we promise the following to people around the world.
Corporate Philosophy (Mission)
To enrich the homes of people all over the world.
NITORI Group Values
- We provide the prosperous home living to the global community.
- We deliver quality merchandise at lower prices.
- We propose a perfectly coordinated home living.
- We strive to become world-leading specialists in our respective fields.
1．Contribution to enriched lifestyles by “Offering the Unexpected”
- We provide quality merchandise and services at affordable prices.
- We help our customers realize prosperous home living, under our philosophy of “Interior Design for Every Home.”
- We always act from the standpoint of the customers who use our products and services.
2．Preparedness for contributing to prosperous home living for our customers
- We will never be satisfied with the status quo, but always set high goals and work backwards from there.
- We will uncover “Discontent, Dissatisfaction and Inconvenience “ in society, identify their causes, and constantly continue to grow through repeated improvements and reforms.
- We will continue to challenge ourselves, believing that our personal growth will lead to the growth of the company and “Offering Enriched Lifestyles (Mission)” for our customers.
- We respect others, regardless of age or position, and build relationships of trust through active communication, and honesty and integrity, leading to personal growth through friendly competition.
- We aim to become human resources (specialists) who can contribute to society by gaining knowledge and experience through the NITORI Group’s unique education system, which provides experience in various business realms.
3．Product safety and security through comprehensive quality control
- Our first priority is to ensure that our customers can use our products and services with confidence, and we conduct thorough quality control, from the selection of raw materials to sales. We also take customer feedback seriously and apply it to quality improvement.
- In cooperation with our business partners, we check and improve their quality control systems based on “the three principles” of “the actual Place, the actual Thing, the actual Situation”.
- We have established strict standards for thorough quality control and conclude appropriate quality assurance conditions.
- We endeavor to provide appropriate and easy-to-understand representations of our products and services so that our customers can feel comfortable in making their selections.
4．Promotion of environmentally friendly business
- We recognize the finite nature of resources, and we strive to reduce the usage and waste of resources by promoting their effective use and recycling.
- We recognize the risks posed by the effects of climate change and we are committed to reducing greenhouse gas emissions by reducing energy use and optimizing the use of all resources.
- We strive to prevent and reduce air and water pollution in our product manufacturing processes, and protect the environment through comprehensive management of chemical substances.
5．Fair and honest trade and respect for human rights in the supply chain
- We respect the human rights of all persons associated with the NITORI Group, and we never engage in or encourage discrimination, on the basis of race, ethnicity, skin color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, nationality, social status, age, place of birth, family origin, mental or physical disability, occupation, or any other personality or characteristic protected by the law or national or regional regulations, or engage in or encourage any discriminatory evaluation or violation of human rights.
- We do not tolerate child labor, forced labor, human trafficking, slave labor, and any practices that violate the dignity of the individual.
- We share the importance of fulfilling our social responsibilities with our business partners, including respect for human rights, maintenance of a proper working environment, and consideration for the natural environment, and we will require our business partners to comply with international declarations, treaties, legal guidelines, etc.
- We conduct free, fair, and transparent transactions with our business partners and will not engage in any conduct that violates the principles of competition law, such as abuse of a superior bargaining position.
- We do not offer entertainment, gifts, monetary payments or other benefits to all other contractors, individuals, public officials, etc., nor do we accept them, except in accordance with the proper procedures of laws, regulations, and internal rules.
- In principle, we exchange written documents with all of our business partners to clarify the details of our transactions.
6．Contribution to local communities
- We contribute to the development of local communities by creating jobs in our stores and our own factories worldwide.
- As part of our contribution to society, we support the arts, culture, academia, and sports, and strive to enrich society as a whole through culture.
- As a social infrastructure company that deals with household items, we will promptly deliver necessary products and services to disaster-affected areas.
- We engage in social contribution activities, not only by cooperating with local communities, but also by participating in volunteer activities and contributing to the international community.
7．Creation of rewarding work environment and promotion of diversity
- We respect the opinions of each and every employee and work to create a comfortable working environment, while at the same time striving to enhance work-life balance and promote a working environment that is safe and secure.
- We respect the human rights of all people with whom we work to prevent harassment and contribute to the lives of people in society through our business.
- We comply with laws and regulations related to imports and exports, and will not export goods or related technologies that interfere with international peace and security.
- We properly use and preserve company assets such as intellectual property, confidential information, personal information, facilities, and equipment for legitimate business purposes.
- We will disclose information on the company’s financial position and business activities in a timely and appropriate manner in order to earn the trust of all stakeholders, including customers, business partners, employees, local communities, government agencies, shareholders and investors, and NPOs and NGOs, and will be accountable for our actions in a transparent manner.
- We do not engage in any illegal activities that could be considered insider trading, such as buying or selling shares of the NITORI Group or its business partners using non-public information about them. In addition, we will not engage in any activities where there is a conflict of interest that may cause conflict with the NITORI Group.
- We have established a basic policy against antisocial individuals and organizations (criminal and terrorist groups) and take appropriate measures to block all relationships with and prevent funding of such individuals and organizations.
- We promptly report to and consult with our supervisors and the department in charge of internal reporting if there is any possibility that the actual conditions or customs in the countries or regions where we operate may be in violation of laws, regulations, company rules, or this Code of Conduct.