Monthly Retail Data (Japan)
YOY changes in non-consolidated monthly sales in Japan in the fiscal year ending February 2022
|Sales (%)||Number of customers (%)||Average spend per customer (%)||Number of stores|
|Comparable stores||All stores||Comparable stores||All stores||Comparable stores||All stores||Open||Close||Total|
- Note 1：Figures for comparable stores and all stores include net sales for the mail-order business.
- Note 2：Sales are posted on an order basis. sales for purchases using points are not deducted.
- Note 3：No adjustment is made for days of the week.
- Note 4：Including in the store which temporarily closed or shorten business hours.
August, 2021 (2021 July 21– 2021 August 20) New Openings Store
August 6 Aeon Town Yoshikawami Minamiten
Overseas store openings
July 22 NITORI TUCHENG DALUNFA STORE
August 6 NITORI NINGBO ENT INTIME CITY
- Note 1：As of August 20, the number of stores overseas is 78 (Taiwan 38, USA 2 and China 38).
August, 2021 (July 21- August 20) Business Summary
In August, sleeping items and Storage supplies sold well thanks to TV advertisement.
Same-store sales in August last year increased 15.0% due to the needs of teleworkers
On the other hand, in August of this year, same-store sales decreased by 18.5% year on year,all-store sales decreased by 16.6% year on year due to the effects of natural disasters and the declaration of emergency.
Cumulative same-store sales decreased by 12.0% year on year,All-store sales decreased by 9.7% year on year.
There is no effect of the adjustment by the day of the week.
Monthly results will be released on September 22 2021.
The forecasts and projected operating results contained in this report are based on information available at the time of preparation, and thus involve inherent risks and uncertainties.
Accordingly, readers are cautioned that actual results may differ materially from those projected as a result of a variety of factors.